People in the Public Relations field use research for certain reasons including:
- to achieve credibility with management
- to prevent crises
- to monitor the competition
- to sway public opinion and more
There are different types of research that include:
- personal interviews
- local market research and a focus group
- surveys being the most expensive form
- secondary research includes
- library & online databases
- & the Internet
After reading Chapter 5 I have realized how important research is.
All of the information came from the textbook Public Relations Strategies and Tactics written by Wilcox and Glenn.