– Turn off your phone
– Follow up with a handwritten thank-you note
-Dress up always
– Wear your name tag on the right side because you shake hands with the right hand.
– Be sure to ask questions because it shows that you care.
– Reguardless if it is male or female always stand up when someone comes into the room.
Things to do Before the Interview
– Research the Company…find out information to know what they ‘stand’ for
– Interview with a company that does not have additional locations if you do not want to move
– Know company history
– Know what kind of interview it is going to be
1. Traditional (1 on 1 question and answer)
2. Panel Interview (write down the peoples names who have interviewed you)–you will need this for writing thank-you notes
3. Behavioral Interview (They ask you for 3 things….CAR–CIRCUMSTANCE, ACTION, and RESULTS)
4. Over the Phone or a Webcam Interview (May choose this because you could be in another state ect…) Have your resume in front of you, dress up, and talk on a land line
5. Appearances (Wear a Suit–Skirt and Jacket) (Have your shoes be clean and comfortable) (Only 2 earrings per ear)
6. Hand Shake
7. Body Language–eye contact, posture, focus
8. What could possibly go wrong during an interview?
– Could be sick, Slip and fall while walking in the door, Could bust a button, Could break a nail, Could get a headache, Phone could ring
9. Your turn to ask questions
10. Follow up
–> Have more than 1 pen with you