In this chapter I learned how to prepare a news release, how to form the content, and the different types of news releases. Although I took Journalism, I never realized how many different types of news releases there are.
The five different types of news releases are:
- Announcements (occurrences like personnel appointments, promotions, and changes)
- Spot Announcements (are in order when things due to an outside action or influence)
- Reaction Stories (are used when an event or situation has an impact)
- Bad News (handle this by: confronting the news instead of suppressing it)
- Local News (used in the presence of a local angle-the most common)